App crashing when adding photo
This article explains why the UtiliSync Inspect app may be crashing while adding photos.
Some users have reported the app crashing when adding a photo. This is not an app error, rather, it is a device issue. The underlying problem is the device RAM is running out while trying to add the photo, resulting in the app crashing. To mitigate the issue as much as possible we:
- Optimized the app to use as little RAM as possible
- Save a draft of the form before adding photos
- Reload the open form if the app crashes and reloads the page
If this happens occasionally, it is not hurting anything and there is nothing more you need to do. However, if this continues to be a reoccurring issue, you may want to consider taking the following steps:
- Clear Your Browser's Cache and restart your device. This will make more RAM available to add the photo
- Add a small photo. One of the big issues we are seeing is devices are taking increasingly large photos. Your device only has so much RAM. If the photo is too big, it will crash the app.
- Use a device with more RAM. iPhones seem to have this issue more than iPads and high-end Android phones.